Friday, November 2, 2007

Poloroid Captiva Film

Indochina 1 (09-12/10)


After two days of administrative activities in Bangkok, I flew on October 9 to Phnom Penh where I stayed overnight in volunteers MEP (Foreign Missions of Paris). The next day I spent the morning visiting the city before accompanying a volunteer at his place of mission: a Vietnamese Catholic community on the banks of the Mekong. (See article "On the banks of the Mekong) River
A dream that I was before I discovered it. She lost her mysterious character today, but do not cease to evoke romantic landscapes in my mind, it is true amateur site has romantic overtones.


The next day I was already taking a bus to Saigon and I stayed one night. It began to rain in late after-noon, after we cross the border without incident ($ 30 per visa). We arrived at night under a downpour in the district or lodge tourists.
Time to take a shower, the streets lay before me under a foot of water.

After a good night's sleep, I traveled the district 1, called Saigon (the city whose official name of Ho Chi Minh City) or I foamed museums and other attractions. This part of town seemed nice. But it represents only a small part of the megalopolis and can confer to a vague idea.


few colonial buildings adjacent buildings more austere and large squares stand on the pedestrian path that offers the Lonely Planet Vietnam.


Some riders continue to harangue us in English an adroit reference book has the support of satisfied tourists, they despair us discover the city through their eyes hardened.

As I was not able to join the volunteers on that day, I decided to take the night train to Hue, in central Canada.
(More to come)

0 comments:

Post a Comment