Friday, November 2, 2007

2 Whitebumps On Goldfish Head

Chennai Chennai # 2 # 1

My girlfriend lives in Chennai (formerly Madras) or she is studying the Bharata - Natyam, the dance classic of India the south.


It happens every weekend and is already came to Bangalore two times (weekends, 13 and 27 October). I also went twice to Chennai (weekend of 6 and 21 October), the second time with Roman and Ugo.


To go there by train, bus or plane. The latter is very expensive to
because of taxes (1000 Rs round trip of more than 2000 Rs or 54 taxes in all) and the distance is too small to make it interesting, so we will s forget. Trains and buses provide similar benefits. For a price ranging between Rs 150 and Rs 1000 they will bring you to your destination in 5H. In general we take enough stuff with the class and often clim meals for 7 / 8 the ticket.


Stay with Roman and Ugo was particularly moving e level transport. Because of me was Wolf e the go (The rickshaw dropped me e a bad station) and we had to take a bus a few hours later after è s many galleys to find seats. At the back we had Waiting List of places which were confirmed by the airline (tickets were released) but I did not know we had then also reconfirm. We therefore voilâmes the train back to pick up our tickets that do not exist. The train started, the controller told us we had no room and can not do anything for us, there are two empty bunks and we ask ourselves very happy. 15 minutes later he sees us, tell us to follow him to the gap between two compartments. And the big scrambles with the controller. The tone goes, the guy is a big hut with two buddies with him. The fact that I have some Indian papers and pressure surges in Hindi help calm him. A India too massive and well to the perfect English took part in the clash, one of the berths was his. He understands us and tries to calm the game Finally we end up with squat berth for 3 seen one of them is taken now. I'll talk to the guy who had taken the place and I apologize for the inconvenience and asks in the wake if we can bribe the controller to scratch off tickets. The guy tells me it is possible for less than 400 Rs per seat which is 14 we would if we wanted two more spaces. So we will see that the controller said he would see what he can do the other traveler's chained in Kannada (the language of Karnataka and hence in Bangalore). I return to our berth and common controller soon to come back and take me to party, he found two other berths. I take it with me and Roman takes us further or 4 cars ahead two berths. I tried everything to loose it all and I discreetly as 300R for both of us, barely more than 5 € . We landed and he returned again and get me 5 minutes later for a chat between two cars. It has completely changed and is super cool, asks me to tell anyone and tell me it's a pleasure for him to go service. I say we might be let go of him that Rs 150 ^ ^. We pass finally a well deserved good night é e, all's well that ends well.

I tells the story Prashant, a manager of my job and he told me he had done much worse. Once he wanted to go to Calcutta (two days by train) and had no tickets. He did his bag and is delivered to the station. Once there he went to the train and the cook gave him 500R, 9
, giving him his berth. The guy was very happy that AC was seen to represent 10 days' wages for himself and he spent a good trip with food at will and more.

Besides, I'm leaving tonight to Chennai by bus.

I think do a post on buses and trains later with all the links you need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment